Presenting....The Little Princess


Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

My Beautiful Moments!

Arielle's Development Chart

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Kisses R WelCome!


Monday, June 7, 2010

A Stressful Day....

It was easier for Mummy Me to focus on my work today when part of my heart and soul were with Little Arielle. I made constant phonecalls home to check on the status of her fever. I was quite shocked when mama told me during all occasions that her fever has yet to subside. It was so unusual for Little Arielle to be in such a situation. She has never had fever for that long a period. I was indeed worried....

Finally, I waited until the time that I was able to bring her to the doc. The rush was worth it as I managed to reach the clinic before they close for dinner. Measured Little Arielle's weight which was 13.9kg and her temperature read as 38.6 degree. The nurse was asking for the time that the last dosage was taken and I was shocked when mama told me it was 10am+! Aiyah....no wonder her fever did not subside :( Fever medication should be taken every 4 hourly! When we were at the doc, it was already 4.20pm, which was way past the medication time. The nurse quickly got Little Arielle to take the medicine while we waited for our turn. This is gonna be a minimum wait of 1 hour as there were 11 patients in front of us! Faintz....

During the wait, Little Arielle was super sticky to me. Is this how all sick kids behave? They want to be taken care by their mummy? Though I did not like her to be sick, but I like the feeling where I can sense the trust that she has in me. The faith that I would be able to take care of her. And of course, it definitely pains me to see her 'burning inside'.

Finally, it's our turn at about 6pm. Dr Ho examined her and mentioned that she has sore throat which was a result of her flu and which in turn caused the fever. She was given so many kinds of medication and total damage was $109 (which I thought it would be $200).

Made the necessary payment and quickly went back home so that Little Arielle can rest well. While I was preparing her medication, I took her temperature again and she gave me another shock! 40.6 degrees! I was scared stiff! Quickly inserted the bullet in her buttock and pasted the fever patch over her. And the cycle continued where I constantly measured her temperature and I was glad that it went down in about 1 - 2 hours' time.

Now gonna get ready for her medication and I hope that I can catch some sleep....

No comments: