Presenting....The Little Princess


Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

My Beautiful Moments!

Arielle's Development Chart

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Kisses R WelCome!


Friday, July 9, 2010

Art Class @ Joo Chiat CC

Yes....today is the day that Little Arielle would be assessed by the trainer and that would decide if she is able to proceed with her art class!

After the rush to redeem the Sesame Stress Live Show tickets, Mummy Me gotta rush down to Joo Chiat CC to meet the art class trainer. We were told by the receptionist that we could just pop into the class to take a look.

The class had about 10 - 15 students and all of them were quietly seated and concentrating on their drawings. I approached the teacher and told him our situation. The first question that came to me was that, is she able to sit still? Ermmm, that's a good question. Frankly speaking, I do not know if Little Arielle is able to sit still.

Before I could answer his question, he asked Little Arielle to sit down and he brought out a piece of paper and a pencil. He asked Little Arielle if she does drawing at home and if she knows how to draw. Little Arielle gave me a feeling that she was very scared and doesn't seem to want to continue. The teacher then started to draw rabbits on the paper and asked Little Arielle to do the same. Huh, in my heart, I was thinking,"Are you sure she can just draw like that?" She did not have any basic skills at all leh!

I was surprised that Little Arielle could really draw something out leh! The teacher said,"Everyone can draw, just a matter whether it's nice or not. We should practise drawing everyday and not only once a week!"

I stayed besides her and tried to guide her as much as possible, of course bearing in mind the trainer's teachings.

*Seriously doing the work properly* - Uploaded on 11 Jul 2010

After the sketches were completed, the trainer let her colour with crayons. Initially, I thought that the assessment is only for a few minutes. Never did I expect it to last until 9pm (end of class). Faintz....I have yet to have dinner :(

*Putting on her favourite colour* - Uploaded on 11 Jul 2010
*Yet to finish....* - Uploaded on 11 Jul 2010

Here's the completed work! Throughout the class, the trainer did not mention about allowing Little Arielle in class. I had to ask the question so that I know if I can register her for it. Yes, the trainer said Yes and was so kind to ask us to come by for the next lesson too. This means, we have unknowingly 'earned' 2 free lessons cos the new schedule actually starts on 23 Jul!

*She did the drawing by herself. Trainer coloured the butterfly and I helped with the outline of the rabbit :) Not bad hor for a first timer!* - Uploaded on 11 Jul 2010

After the class, Little Arielle kept asking me when is the next lesson and showed enthusiam in attending the next class. Hmm....she did not have such reaction when we attended Little Notes. Does it mean to say that she really has an interest in drawing? Oh well....hopefully it's really an interest of her! We shall see in the next few weeks!

No comments: