Presenting....The Little Princess


Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

My Beautiful Moments!

Arielle's Development Chart

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Kisses R WelCome!


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dark Dark Place

Well, there must be something that a child needs to be afraid of so that it would be easier to discipline them when the need arises.

We were on the way back home and Little Arielle starts to get out of her car seat and wants to come out of it and to walk on the backseat. I would be very mad with her everytime she does this! It is so dangerous to be walking around while the car is at least going at a speed of 100km/hr. Moreover, she doesn't know how to hold on properly or react appropriately when there is an E-brake. And usually by the time we fetch her home, it's usually about 8pm+. I would be so tired at that time that I just wish I can take a doze off in the car before reaching home. And if she is going to make life difficult for me during this 20-25 minutes of journey, I will get very irritated.

So, in order to make my life better, I thought of something to scare her so that she would listen to me. Most of the kids would be afraid of the dark. So, I decided to work around this same fear! And since it's already dark when we fetch her, it makes things easier!

So, I proceeded to tell her that if she is going to misbehave again, I will ask XP to stop the car, open the door and she would be brought to the dark dark place. In this dark dark place, there would be "ji ji" and "ga-ga" which will come out and bite her backside. Nevermind about "ji ji" and "ga-ga". It's just some baby talk terms that one would use and if you are a parent, you would probably understand what I mean!

Hahaha, it works lor! She is so scared that she would quietly sit in her car seat and admire the scenery outside. Peace at last, well at least for the car journey period....

No comments: