Presenting....The Little Princess


Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

My Beautiful Moments!

Arielle's Development Chart

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Kisses R WelCome!


Friday, January 1, 2010

Turn of Events

Just a few hours ago, we were happily watching the live fireworks at the esplanade and welcoming the arrival of a new year ~ 2010. Few hours ago, XP suddenly turned very sick :( I was surfing net in the storeroom when I suddenly heard him coughing very badly. So bad that he attempted to throw up a few times. What was worst was that all these made him feel very giddy.

Without further delay, I brought him to Eastshore hospital for a check. The nurse took his blood pressure and got him to lie on bed. He was given a jab and asked to rest on the bed for a while. Immediately after the jab, he vomitted :(

I guessed he could have felt better after the puke. Anyway, while he was resting, I bought something to eat at Delifrance. Little Arielle was teary when she saw XP lying on the bed. She made me almost drop a tear too. I was so touched when at such tender age, Little Arielle know what is going on. She can understand the meaning of death and I hope this would make her treasure her loved ones and not take things from granted. From time to time, she would hold on to her daddy's hand and helped to cover his blanket. And luckily there was Kungfu Panda showing on HBO which took some attention away from Little Arielle. Else she would be making a lot of noise and kpo-ing around.

The doctor came by to check and XP was still not feeling good. The dizzy spell is still with him. Doctor mentioned that he would give him the medication and put him on a drip to hydrate him. Just as well, since he din eat anything since morning.

The nurse did not do the pricking well the first time and XP's finger was so painful. Sensing that the situation is not right, I requested the nurse to prick the needle on XP's left hand instead. This time round, it was better and he was on the drip. He felt cold constantly and we covered him with the blanket. He was given a stronger dose of medication and while the nurse was injecting it into him, she told us that this cost $120! Faintz....She thought that the doctor would have already told us. Apparently, there was no mention. I jokingly mention that if that is the case, can we extract the medication out?

After XP was given the second pack of drip, his condition does not seem to have improve. The nurse came by and gave him another shot of the medication. I quickly ask if this would cost another $120 and she said it's part of the amount. Phew....I then jokingly asked if we could pack a few shot back hee....

About an hour later, the doctor came and checked on XP. He is still feeling giddy and the doctor suggested to admit him as this is unusual. Most patients with such symptons would have been better when they are given the first shot of medication.

I was worried and asked him what could be the worst sceanario? He mentioned it would either be stroke of the brain or a growth in the ear. Such terms really scare the shit out of me!

I went to see to the admission procedures and really understand what our fellow Singaporeans feel about being sick in Singapore. You can really die and cannot be sick!

The staff told me that I need to place a deposit of $3k. General stay of 2 days would incur an estimated amount of $3k. Of course this would vary, depending on the treatment received during the stay. Faintz....this is really a killer! I got a bit worried cos both of us don't have any medical insurance except for that useless MSH. But, to ensure the safety of XP, there is no other choice but to admit him.

After the procedure is done, I told XP about the estimated cost. He was shocked too and requested not to be admitted. I told him that if he is really not well, he should let the doctor have a thorough check. He mentioned that he is much better and from his look, I share the same sentiments. At least, he can talk more and can walk on his own compared to the situation when we first came in.

He told the doctor that probably the effect of the medication was slower, that's why he was still unwell earlier on. In any case, we are staying nearby and would return if his condition gets bad.

After getting his prescription and paying $400+ for the 5 hours stay there, we left the hospital.

We packed food home and XP went to sleep after that. My whole day is just gone. What a start of the year :( I hope that XP would recover soon....

No comments: