Presenting....The Little Princess


Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

My Beautiful Moments!

Arielle's Development Chart

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Kisses R WelCome!


Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Almost Lost My Girl....

I know this blog entry will invite a lot of scoldings from my blogger friends but nevertheless, I still want to blog it down as a constant reminder for the rest of my life. Here's what happened:


As promised, I will bring Little Arielle down for a swim again! Both of us were changed and all ready to go. She remembered to bring along her toys too.


The water is still as cold and it took a while before Little Arielle dares to sit on the steps. What is different from today is that I have shifted her to the extreme corner of the pool so that she can grab onto the sides and at the same time, place her toys there. For the past few times, she would sit there quietly and play with her toys over and over again. She would not move an inch as she herself is scared to go another step further.

It also took me a while to get into the pool as the water is extremely cold. For the past few swims, I will move myself to the centre of the pool and swim towards Little Arielle. Seeing that she has been a good girl and have been sitting there playing alone without moving, I decided to swim to the end of the pool which is probably less than 100m.

When I reached the end of the pool and turned my head back, I was shocked to see Little Arielle struggling in the pool. Her whole body has emerged into the water! I quickly got myself out of the pool and ran as fast as I could to her. I almost fell but luckily I managed to pick up my step.

Immediately I pulled herself out of the water and she was coughing as some of the water got into her nose and throat. I pressed her stomach and carried her in a slanted position so that she can spit the water out of her stomach. Tears gathered in my eyes while I was doing so.

At that moment, I was so scared that I would lose her. I hugged her close to me and I really blamed myself for doing such a stupid act! I assumed that nothing would happen and it just did! It only took less than a few seconds for any accident to happen. And such accident can actually take a fragile life away. I really felt guilty and I kept talking to her to make sure that she is okie.

I can feel that she is scared as she clinged onto me tightly. She must have been tramautised. I tried to put her onto the steps again and she din want to. I guessed she is really scared. I asked her what happened and she just told me that she fell. I guessed she must have slipped while trying to put her toy which has floated away as I saw one of her toys at the other side of the pool. I guessed she does not have the mood to play any further and told her that we will go off now and she din mention about wanting to stay at the pool which in the past cases, she would.

She din talk much and I was really scared! Her lips turned a litle purplish. I told XP to quickly bath for her and let her take her milk. Luckily she was started to play with XP and she was able to finish her milk. Rocked her to sleep and will monitor her to make sure that she is really okie.

The guilt stayed on strong in me and I would engrave this incident in my mind to make sure I protect my girl from anything in future. Some risks are not meant to be taken....I'm glad that I am given another chance to make amendments for what I have done! Thank god for being kind to me!

No comments: