Presenting....The Little Princess


Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

My Beautiful Moments!

Arielle's Development Chart

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Kisses R WelCome!


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

At the Doctor....

Have decided to bring Little Arielle to the doctor as it gives me a peace of mind that a professional is attending to her. XP sent us to my mama house before he goes to work.

Would definitely wanna go to the PD cos Little Arielle's finger is already ballooned with the blister! Have decided to go earlier today so as to avoid the long queue. Therefore, after taking breakfast, we left the house at 9am. Managed to get a cab just when we reached the roadside. We reached the clinic (Baby & Child) at about 9.10am. The clinic is supposed to open at 9.30am. Wat seh, there are already 4 persons in front of me when I thought that I am already quite early! Alamak! Well, in my heart, I was thinking that even though there are 4 persons, it should not take very long.

The clinic opened its door at about 9.20am to allow the mummies to take their queue numbers as well as to take a seat in the clinic which is air-conditioned. I overheard the mummy in front of me telling the nurse that she suspected that her son has contracted chickenpox. She is quite "zi dong" to bring her son out to wait for the number instead of staying in the clinic. This is because germs are easily spread to each other in an enclosed area, especially in an air-conditioned one. After taking our queue number, we went outside to wait as we were afraid that Little Arielle will catch the chickenpox virus although I know that it would only be contagious when the kid is about to recover. But I just dun wanna take the risk especially when she is going on a long trip in about 2 weeks' time.

Little Arielle was enjoying herself on the kiddy ride outside while we wait. At 9.45am, there is still no sign of Dr Ho coming in. Waited until 10am and noticed that the 1st number is still not called. Was feeling really thirsty at that time. So decided to have a drink at the nearby coffeeshop first. Since there were 4 persons in front of us, and if each of them take 5mins with the doctor, the earliest possible time that Dr Ho would see Little Arielle would be 10.20am. Therefore, I aim to return back to the clinic by that time. I was there at about 10.25am and was shocked to see that the queue number still states as 0 and the whole clinic was packed with parents and their kids! Happened to check with an auntie who is waiting outside the clinic and she said that the doctor is not here yet. She said that this is not the first time cos they sometimes need to check newborn at the hospital before coming over to the clinic. As such, they can be late at times. Luckily I saw the 1st number flashing at 10.30am. We continued to wait until one of her nurses, Eunice asked us to go in to have her weight and temperature taken. Alamak, after so long, Little Arielle is still 9.8kg! Currently at 79cm. Hmm doesnt seems to have grown much leh!

*1st time on a mini ferris wheel!* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

*I'm enjoying myself by rocking the seat! Hee hee!* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

*The 1st time mummy inserted coin and it moved!* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

*Unknowingly, I have asked to insert the coins for 4 times!* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

*I can drive a bus leh!! Just that it doesnt move!* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

*Huh! Who's calling me??* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

Eunice was asking me what is wrong with Little Arielle today. Told her that there are a few issues I need to check with Dr Ho today. First, Little Arielle was burnt by hot steam and there was a huge blister on her left 3rd middle finger (see pic to feel the pain for her!). Next, there seems to be pain in the mouth when we tried to wipe her mouth for her. However, we are not able to check further as Little Arielle din want us to see. Thirdly, remember there was a blog entry that mentioned about her lump. I want to know why is the lump still there? Lastly, I would want Dr Ho to prescribe some medication for Little Arielle's holiday trip to Japan.

*See the huge blister on her 3rd finger!* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

*A clearer pic of the blister!* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

*Another one....* - Uploaded on 18 Mar 08

Finally, it's our turn. Dr Ho said that her nurse would have to burst the blister to release the liquid so that she would recover faster. I would have to get this special dressing called Tegaderm from the nearby pharmacy as Dr Ho's clinic dun sell. This dressing is to be put on after the liquid is removed. I was concerned if there would be a scar and Dr Ho said that there would not be. I think to be more KS, I better take note not to let Little Arielle take any "black" stuff (hee hee if you know what I mean!) Dr Ho checked on Little Arielle's mouth and found that there is nothing wrong with it. She suspected that it might be due to her teething which causes the discomfort. Thus, she prescribed some teething gel for Little Arielle. Next, she checked the lump that I was telling her about and she said that for some cases, it might take about 6months to 1 year to recover. So it's normal. Hmm I thought little children would recover faster?? Anyway, I guessed I just have to continue monitoring for the next few months then! She also prescribed some cough, fever, flu and mosituring cream for Little Arielle's trip. After the consultation, I went to get the dressing so that her nurse can help with the bandage.

Her nurse was patient and Little Arielle was cooperative. She din cry at all when the nurse poke the needle into her skin to extract the liquid. She sat there quietly without moving and allowed them to do the necessary. The whole procedure took about 3-5minutes. After this is done, went to pay the medical expenses of $67 and stood there to wait for Dr Ho to issue a child MC for me. By the time I left the clinic. It was already 12pm. Wat biangz! Seems to have luck with the number 3 recently leh. The other time queued for the silly rainbow calligraphy for 3 hours. Today queue at the clinic for 3 hours too! Alamak! Xiongz man!

Was lucky to hail a cab the moment we were out of the clinic. By this time, Little Arielle was very hungry and tired. Fed her porridge immediately and after that she fell asleep immediately. I guessed she must have been very tired. Applied her medication on the burnt left thumb while she sleeps so that she would not meddle with the medication. After she woke up, she went to peel off the dressing. And worst still, the left thumb suddenly had another blister which was not there this morning. Aiyah, I think I need to visit Dr Ho again later!

No comments: